What are Biblical blessings? Most Christians know that God has promised to bless them, but exactly what are those blessings? Of course, when you mention blessings from God, too many immediately think that that means financial prosperity. They equate blessing with money.
Now, while some of the blessings promised could equate to financial blessings, it doesn’t necessarily mean wealth and riches. It doesn’t mean that if you’re living for God right that He’s promised that you’ll be driving a Rolls Royce and living in a mansion with gold faucets.
That may come as a shock to some, but the Biblical blessings cover much more than your finances. Here are the blessings God promised to Israel in Deut 28:1-13 as long as they followed His commands:
- God will set you high above all the nations on earth.
- Blessed in the city and blessed in the country.
- The fruit of your womb will be blessed, as well as crops, livestock and flocks
- Your basket and your kneading trough will be blessed.
- Blessed when you come in and blessed when you go out.
- Enemies who rise up against you will be defeated before you.
- A blessing on your barns and on everything you put your hand to.
- Abundant prosperity--in the fruit of your womb, the young of your livestock and the crops of your ground--in the land he swore to your forefathers to give you.
- The LORD will open the heavens, the storehouse of his bounty, to send rain on your land in season and to bless all the work of your hands.
- You will lend to many nations but will borrow from none.
- The LORD will make you the head, not the tail.
Are Those Biblical Blessings for You?
Some people will fully accept these Biblical blessings, however when you mention the curses promised by God for those that don’t obey His commands, then they protest that those only applied to Israel. Others will say “we live under grace now, so those curses don’t apply to us.”
Here are a few verses from the New Testament that speak to this issue:
Luk_11:28 He replied, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it."
Joh 14:15 If you love me, you will obey what I command.
Jn. 14:21 Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him.
Jn. 15:10 If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father’s commands and remain in his love.
We can see here that we are told to obey the Lord and by our obedience would remain in His love. In fact, we can see from Romans 10:12 that the Lord blesses both the Jew and Gentile:
Ro. 10:12 For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile — the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him.
Biblical Blessings in Plain English
- God will set you high above all the nations on earth. – When a nation obeys God, that nation will be blessed more than other nations. Many believe that a perfect example of this is the United States. Founded on Biblical principles, for over 100 years it was a nation blessed above many others. Unfortunately, as the U.S.A. has moved into disobedience, troubles have escalated to the point that the nation itself is teetering on the brink of collapse.
- Blessed in the city and blessed in the country. No matter where you live, if you are obeying the Lord you will be blessed in many ways.
- The fruit of your womb will be blessed, as well as crops, livestock and flocks – You will be blessed with reproductive abundance, whether in yourself or in your crops and animals.
- Your basket and your kneading trough will be blessed. – Your pantry and food will be blessed.
- Blessed when you come in and blessed when you go out. – From the time you leave your home until the time you get home you are blessed.
- Enemies who rise up against you will be defeated before you. – Those who try to hurt you will be brought down.
- A blessing on your barns and on everything you put your hand to. – No matter what your job or source of income, it will be blessed.
- Abundant prosperity--in the fruit of your womb, the young of your livestock and the crops of your ground--in the land he swore to your forefathers to give you. – Again this is a national blessing. As long as a nation obeys God, that nation will be prosperous, will grow and be productive.
- The LORD will open the heavens, the storehouse of his bounty, to send rain on your land in season and to bless all the work of your hands. Even the weather will cooperate in blessing your land when you need it.
- You will lend to many nations but will borrow from none. If a nation obeys God that nation will be a lender and not a borrower. That was once true about the United States, that it was a lender nation. However, currently it is the largest borrower nation in the World.
- The LORD will make you the head, not the tail. You will be a leader and a standout in whatever you do.
Biblical Blessings to Speak Over Your Life
If you want to see these Biblical blessings manifested in your life, make sure you are obeying the Word. The best way to do that is to read the Word and know what it says, don’t just take someone’s word for what the Bible says you should do.
Next, begin praying these Biblical blessings over you and your children on a daily basis:
"The Lord blesses me today with all spiritual, physical, emotional, and financial blessings. He blesses me at home, and at work; from the time I leave home until I return, I am blessed. The food I cook and eat is blessed, and the Lord blesses my body with health and vitality. The Lord blesses me with victory over my enemies, and promises that I will see their defeat. My finances are blessed, my relationships are blessed, my home is blessed, and my mind is blessed. The Lord opens the storehouse of His bounty and sends blessings on every part of my life, making me debt-free and a leader."
As you begin to speak these Biblical blessings over your life, you will begin to be conscious of the many ways in which God blesses you and yours. And, if you’re not seeing these Biblical blessings in your life, then perhaps you need to check your obedience barometer.
Return from Biblical Blessings to Count Your Blessings
All christian lyrics are the
property and copyright of their owners, and
are provided here
for educational purposes only.